Mississauga Animal Services is reviewing pet licensing. As part of this process, we’re wishing to hear from dog and cat owners, and also looking to our partners in the community to help shape the future of pet licensing in the City. Please take a few minutes to complete our survey at mypetmississauga.ca
Part of Mississauga Animal Services’ role is to protect people and pets by ensuring that all dogs and cats are licensed in the city. Licensed pets are reunited with their families faster using a 24 hour database. Pet licence fees go directly towards helping the more than 3,000 pets that are lost, homeless or abandoned each year.
The current deadline for survey completion is April 24th, 2015.
Currently, pet licence fees support:
- Care and feeding of homeless pets
- Returning lost pets to their homes
- Veterinary services to animals in the City’s care
- Adopting homeless pets to new families
- Rescuing sick, injured domestic animals and wildlife
- 24/7 emergency services
- Investigating animal care issues
- Keeping neighborhoods safe for people and pets
- Providing community education programs